Glue of the Month
Sure Hold Plastic Surgery
It is rare that a new glue impresses us as much as Plastic Surgery has.
This is a cyanoacrylate
specially formulated for plastics. It will glue
acrylic, ABS, nylon, Plexiglass, styrene, and that ever so difficult
plastic-PVC. Prior to learning about Plastic Surgery we would have been
hard pressed to recommend a glue that would bond PVC to glass, but not any
more!!!! We tested Plastic Surgery on many plastics, glass, and metals,
and found the bond to be remarkably strong on all non-porous materials.
Take note of the astonished look on the face of our official tester when
the plexi broke and the Plastic Surgery bond held fast, proving the bond
stronger than the plexi.
Plastic Surgery sets in 15 seconds but does take 24 hours to reach full
strength (and it's worth waiting for) It is available in regular or gel,
for better gap filling ability. See cyanoacrylates for toxicity.
Plastic Surgery is available at major drug stores and hardware stores in
North America. Official company site.
Here is our colleague William making an amazing discovery at
ThisToThat labs. When he tried to break a Plastic Surgery bond
- the plastic broke and not the bond!
True Confessions: Sure Hold sent us a free sample but didn't
reward us in any other way to make Plastic Surgery the GOM
(Glue of the Month).
Past Glues of the Month
If you've discovered a glue that you've grown attached to, please let us
know. Maybe we can honor your glue in a future month.
- August 2003 - Mr. Sticky's Underwater Glue
- April 2003 - P.C. Woody
- January 2003 - Weld-on Adhesives and Cements
- December 2002 - Krazy Glue with Skin Guard
- November 2002 - Permatex Bullseye Windshield Repair
- September 2002 - UHU "Twist & Glue"
- August 2002 - Aleene's Platinum Bond Patio and Garden Adhesive
- July 2002 - Gloozit Marine and RV Gloo
- May 2002 - Jones Tones Plexi Clear Glue
- April 2002 - Silicone-Be-Gone
- March 2002 - Eggs
- February 2002 - Rabbit Skin Glue by Gamblin Artist Colors
- January 2002 - LePage's new Easy Flow System
- December 2001 - Scotch Tape
- November 2001 - Daptex Foam Sealant
- October 2001 - Gelatin and Glycerin Glue
- September 2001 - Crayola Project Glue
- August 2001 - Waterweld
- July 2001 - Yes Glue
- June 2001 - Little Red Cap
- May 2001 - Weldbond reprise
- April 2001 - Stoneco Padding Glue
- March 2001 - PascoFix
- February 2001 - Quick Grab
- January 2001 - Coccoina Colla Bianca
- December 2000 - Royal Icing
- November 2000 - Good Glue
- October 2000 - Pros-Aide
- September 2000 - Elmer's Galactic Glue
- August 2000 - Microcrystalline Wax
- July 2000 - LePage's Universal Adhesive
- June 2000 - Tear Mender Fabric Leather Cement
- May 2000 - Shoe Goo
- April 2000 - Magic Goo Gone
- March 2000 - Sure Hold Plastic Surgery
- February 2000 - Gorilla Glue
- January 2000 - Casein Glue (milk)
- December 1999 - Aleene's Original "Tacky Glue"
- November 1999 - Weldbond Universal Space Age Adhesive
- October 1999 - Kryolan Spirit Gum
- September 1999 - Elmer's Washable School Glue
- August 1999 - Seal-All
- July 1999 - Loctite 349 Impruv
- June 1999 - Sikaflex
- May 1999 - Yamato Sticking Paste
- April 1999 - No More Nails
- April Fools 1999 - Juicy Fruit Gum
- March 1999 - Chair Doctor Glue by Veritas
Copyright © 1999-2017 thistothat.com, All rights reserved